Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lapidary...more to come

As many of you know, I've been cutting my own stones for about a year and a half. I have been just pitiful about posting to my blog. But, I haven't completely forgotten about it. I have much to share. There's a shot of my Diamond Pacific Pixie, fresh out of the box back in January. And Nigel wants in on the action, too. Stone cutting has been in full swing for many months now in my new space, and everything is covered with grime. The jeweler's benches are in place. The last piece of the puzzle is the installation of ventilation, and fuel for the torches! Stay tuned....

5 comments:

Sarah Sequins said...

I'm so impressed and excited that you cut your own stones! I have another friend who's just starting to cab, and it looks like so much fun.

I think my house used to belong to a cabber. I found a whole bunch of stone slabs on the ground near the driveway. One of these days, I should do something with them. :)

Unknown said...

Great job and welcome to cabbing! Are the cabs in the photo ones you have cut yourself?

Unknown said...

Do you have any heart shaped blood stone pendants?

Unknown said...

beautiful work!

Unknown said...

It is very good to see that you cut your stones using lapidary tools. I think, i should also start doing the same.