Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dan aspires to be a member of the Tall Club

In early March, I flew out to Milwaukee to see my friend Dave. Dave and I were one engaged, but now we are the closest of friends. On the Saturday evening that I arrived, I went to an orchestral performance Dave was playing in. Some of Dave's friends from the Tall Club also came out to see him play. Dave is the world's tallest violinist standing at 7 feet 4 inches. I am six feet tall. The only woman shorter than me pictured here is 5 foot 10 inches tall. It's been fun for me to go to some of the Tall Club events and weekends. Being short is something I have never experienced. I was 5'11" by the time I was 14. This picture was taken from Dave's online photo album.
Dave writes, "Dan Lawitts is the Concord Chamber Orchestra's resident composer and percussionist. In the back are Tom, Dave, Christy, Dawn and Tim. Dawn was visiting from Topeka and Tim is from the Madison tall club."
To learn more about a Tall Club that might be in your area, or weekend events, visit the official Tall Club website http://www.tall.org/

No comments: